Enrollment & Registration
To Enroll A New Student for the Upcoming 2022-23 School Year
Step 1: Please complete the New Student Enrollment Forms:
Please provide a copy of these documents:
1. Birth certificate
2. Immunization Records (Immunization info: https://cdphe.colorado.gov/schoolrequiredvaccines)
3. Proof of Residency (lease, utility bill, etc. reflecting physical address in Summit County)
If you have these available or they apply, please provide:
1. Prior school contact info/report cards
2. Information on IEP or 504 needs, if applicable, bring in plans
Step 2: Contact the SMS School Registrar to submit the required information, discuss the enrollment process/timelines and make a new family counselor appointment. New students will not be enrolled unless discussed with the Registrar and until after the current school year is complete.
To enroll for the remainder of the current 2021-22 school year school year, please contact the SMS Registrar.
SMS Registrar information:
Students continuing in Summit School District schools from one school year to the following school year will be automatically enrolled for the new school year and grade level. Continuing students do not need to be re-enrolled each year. This also applies when moving from Elementary to Summit Middle School and to Summit High School. Parent or Guardian should complete the Registration annually through PowerSchool as follows:
Go to the PowerSchool Parent Portal. From the Parent Portal:
- Log into your parent account (the same way you would check your student’s grades)
- Select the student you wish to register along the top left
- Select the "Registration" link on the lower left hand side
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Begin Forms