over 3 years ago
This visual model of the IBMYP shows how the multiple facets of the program fit together:
- The middle years student is at the center, developing into an internationally-minded person through the IB Learner Profile.
- Global concepts, approaches to teaching and learning, and areas of interaction provide connectivity and transference between subjects.
- Service to one's commmunity and completion of a culminating Personal Project apply student learning to authentic, real-world challenges.
- Eight MYP subjects are required to provide rigorous, well-rounded knowledge, skills, assessments, and attitudes tailored for the 21st century.
- International-mindedness is the encompassing framework for learning.