Enrollment & Registration
Students continuing in Summit School District schools from one school year to the following school year will be automatically enrolled for the new school year and grade level. Continuing students do not need to be re-enrolled each year. This also applies when moving from Elementary to Summit Middle School and to Summit High School. Parent or Guardian should complete the Registration annually through PowerSchool as follows:
Go to the PowerSchool Parent Portal. From the Parent Portal:
- Log into your parent account (the same way you would check your student’s grades)
- Select the student you wish to register along the top left
- Select the "Registration" link on the lower left hand side
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Begin Forms
New Student Enrollment for 2023-24
To Enroll a student for the upcoming school year 2023-2024 which began August 15, 2023:
Step 1: Please complete the New Student Enrollment Forms:
Please provide a copy of these documents:
1. Birth certificate
2. Immunization Records (Immunization info)
3. Proof of Residency as described in the Enrollment forms
If you have these available or they apply, please provide:
1. Prior school contact info/report cards
2. Information on IEP or 504 needs, if applicable, bring in plans
Step 2: Contact the SMS School Registrar to submit the required information, discuss the enrollment process/timelines and make an individual new family counselor appointment. New students will not be enrolled unless discussed with the Registrar.
*If you live outside of Summit County and are considering attending Summit Middle School next school year, you must submit an Out-of-District Application. See more information here. Application window opens March 2024 for the 2024-2025 School Year.
SMS Registrar information: